Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Turn It Up Tuesdays

Do you like music? What kind of music do you listen to? Well if you know me, I listen to many different kinds. From jazz, hip hop, pop, rock, and many more. I want people know what I am listening to, so as of today Tuesdays will now be named "Turn It Up" Tuesday.

Every Tuesday, I will let you know about a particular musician or band that I listen to that would be good for you to "Turn Up" the volume on. Today's choice is a group called Snarky Puppy.

I remember hearing about them in college a few years ago. It's an all instrumental band(no vocalists). If you ever hear them on a recorded track, it's even better when you hear them live. They just won a Grammy's this year for a song they did with Lalah Hathaway called "Something". Here is the song below:



I love them for how talented they are a group but also for how talented each individual player is. If you listen to the chords in the songs, you will just get a feeling like you wouldn't get from anyone else. So ladies and gentlemen, it's time to "Turn It Up". Here... is Snarky Puppy!!











1 comment:

  1. I will have to check out this band when I can "turn it up." I love all different kinds of music too. Chris exposes me to a lot of stuff that I wouldn't hear if not for him...mostly EDM stuff. Music is just a fun topic in general. Some of my favorite conversations revolve around stuff I used to listen to in the 90's and early 2000's too.

    ReplyDelete

Template by Pink + Lola