Monday, August 31, 2015

College Football and I

So this weekend is gonna be Memorial Day weekend. This means that most people will be able to have a long three day weekend (myself include). This weekend is also the start of college football. Now usually during this time of year, I would be excited about. Not this time though. As many of you know, I am a UAB fan til the day I die. You may also know that this past December, Ray Watts (that jackass) decided to take away the Football, Rifle, and Bowling programs away from the university. You can only imagine how I felt about this.

Well good news came in June that those programs will be coming back to the Southside. Everything is great, right? Well not too fast there, my friend. See, the rifle team will be back this season (2015-16). Bowling coming back next season (2016 season). Then the football team will back on the gridiron for the 2017 season. That means I have to wait two entire season to see my Blazers play again. So while everyone else is watching their team play and get to experience how it is for College Football Saturday, I don't get to have that same chance.

Now the good things for this season is that the UAB Marching Blazers will still be marching this year. Many people were wondering if the marching band would be gone, but they are still going strong. In my opinion, they are even better than ever with what has been going on. They are still practicing and putting in all the effort as if they were getting ready for a game this weekend. So make sure you check out The Sound of the Magic City whenever they perform this year.


Now getting back to football, I really won't have any team to root for this whole season. I won't be able to get excited for my team getting closer to being bowl eligible. I won't have be to see if we can win a conference championship. All because of Watts thinking that "numbers" had something to do with it. Now most of our players and coaches have left to bring their talents to other schools, and I can't blame them. This only means that now we have two season to rebuild what we started last season. Now I know that we will not be as good as we was last year, but then again I didn't expect us to be as good as we was last year. You can never know what will happen with the UAB Football team.

So now what will I do? What will happen for me with college football? I am gonna lay low for the next two years. With my team not being able to play, I have no for real reason to watch college football. It might sound petty, but I don't care. Everyone else has a chance to watch their team play on Saturday, but I don't have that same luxury. I won't be able to say "Touchdown UAB" or cheer when we win a game. I won't be able to do that for another two season. Now don't get me wrong, if I am with friends and a game comes that people want to watch, I will join in. Just for me personally, I won't try to make any effort to watch it on my spare time.

I hope everyone gets to enjoy these next two season of college football, and I truly do mean that. I hope your team can win as many games as possible. Just remember this though. A sleeping dragon will be hungry in 2017, and you know what happens when a dragon has been hungry for that long.

#BewareOfTheBlazers2017 #GoBlazers






No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by Pink + Lola