Wednesday, January 7, 2015

How Is It Being Married?



You have no idea how many times I have heard that question. Pretty much everyone has asked me that question since I have been married. It's funny because you would think that things would be different. In all actuality, nothing has really changed. The only thing different is that I have something new on my finger, and she has my last name. If you really think about, it already felt like we was married.

I've been with Whitney in a relationship status since December 8, 2010. Since then, we have been through our ups and downs as a couple. Yes we have had arguments, but what couple doesn't? We have also had plenty of awesome experiences together. I know that since we are a married couple that even more good and bad times will come around, but we will make it through like we have already the last four years together.

I will say one thing that has been different because of the marriage. We have been there more for each other than ever before. No matter what the situation is(being sick, worrying about money, getting through the work day), we have made sure to see how each other is. There have been nights when we sit down and talk, and one of us will be in tears. The other person will be the one to let them know that everything is okay. It's amazing to know that someone is always there for you no matter what.

We have been cooking more often, and we can do some kickass dishes together as a couple. Now we have been cooking in the past. What makes this time different is that we have actually gone to the Food Network website and tried to cook things from there. Stuff from Sloppy Joe and Macaroni Casserole to Twice Baked Potato Casserole, everything has been just amazing. Can't wait to do more cooking with the wifey.

Pretty much, we haven't changed much since we said "I do". Life has been amazing, and we plan to continue that for many years to come.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how people ask that question? Even though you might have lived together before, you do feel a little closer being married vs just dating or engaged...or at least we did! Have fun in the kitchen!!!

    Chris and I started dating in 2010 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you! Nothing really changes, but it seems that you are that much more in tune with the other person. I mean, they're your "person" forever. I love how y'all cook together! So cute!!

    Also, I beat you and Nadine. :) B and I started dating in 2008. :)

    ReplyDelete

Template by Pink + Lola