Friday, April 25, 2014

Taking A Chance

During the week, nines times out of ten, I'm usually working throughout the whole "lunch time" period. I work as a server at John's City Diner on the north side of Birmingham, so I am usually working during lunch. Thursday was a little different though. Why do you ask? Well business was slow, and I was able to leave work early. This a a rare occasion for me, and I was going to make the best of it. 

I decided to go to some places I usually don't have the chance to go or do stuff I usually don't do because of the time I get off from work. First place I went to was Black Market Grill for lunch. Everything was looking great since I wanted to get a burger and have a nice beer. There was one problem with this. I left work at 1p, and they didn't open until 3pm. I didn't know that until I got to the door, so that was a fail!! 

Instead of eating lunch, I decide to get myself a little treat. Where did I go for this? Pastry Arts, of course!!! Their baby bites are some of the best things ever created, and I could eat a whole dozen in one seating(And I have done that before). This time I decided to get six red velvet baby bites and six more for my fiancé(2 turtles, 2 caramel, and 2 strawberry margaritas). If you haven't been there before, you should try it one day.



With these wonderful creations from God in my possession, I need to have a nice drink. There is only place I could that I love to drink at. J Clyde, here I come!!! I have been going to J Clyde since I was 22yrs old. Every time I go in, I feel like I'm walking into Cheers(everyone knows my name). I tried out two new beers(all thanks to Amanda). I tried New Belgium's Gruet and Founder's Rubaeus(I would recommend both).



Usually on Thursday evenings(if I'm not working that is) Whitney and I go to the Piggly Wiggly in Homewood for their beer tasting. This night was no different except for one thing. Whitney had a great idea of going out to Genghis Grill for dinner. I love this place, so of course I was okay that idea.

If you haven't been there yet, you can go up to their "Build Your Own Bowl" bar and add as much stuff as your heart will enjoy. I usually do chicken, steak, sausage, and fried rice in my bowl. It was so delicious.


I must say that I am so happy that I was able to do some fun stuff. Friday will be just about the same way. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template by Pink + Lola